The website is operated by Sun Tan City. We have contracted with third parties, and may contract with additional third parties in the future, to operate certain aspects of the website on our behalf or to provide other services to us, including marketing services and data analysis.
PERSONS NOT ALLOWED TO USE OUR SERVICES
We maintain this website for the use of individuals who are of legal age to use the services we offer under applicable law, and you must be of legal age where you reside to access the website or provide information to us. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personal information from persons under such legal age, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to persons under such legal age.
We respect the privacy of your information. We provide this explanation about our information practices both online and offline to show our commitment to protecting your privacy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website or one of our locations, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
• At our salons, including on forms you complete at one of our locations;
• On this website;
• In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this website or us, or our mobile application, including on forms you complete online;
• Through our mobile or desktop applications you download (“apps”), which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and Sun Tan City or this website; and
• When you interact with our advertising, pages and applications on social media or third-party applications, websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy or of information from social media or third parties.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the website.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Registration Information We may ask you to complete forms in our salons or through the website if you choose to register to use our services, enter contests or sweepstakes, complete a survey, or take advantage of promotions or special offers. The information we collect in these forms may include contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your user ID, user password, fingerprint or other biometric identifiers; demographic information, such as your date of birth or age; and financial information, such as your credit card number or similar information.
We may offer you the option to provide information or content that may be published or displayed on public areas of the website or transferred to other users of the website or third parties, such as information provided in a user profile, commenting features, chat rooms, discussion boards or blogs (collectively, “User Contributions”). If you create a user profile, it may include a profile photo; username(s); your gender; biographical details that you provide; links to your profiles on various social network sites; and a Sun Tan City user ID number that is created by Us and used to identify your account and user profile. User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. While you may set certain privacy settings for your User Contributions, no security measures are perfect and we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We cannot guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Additionally, you consent to our recording and storage of your User Contributions.
If you access the website on a mobile device, such as a phone or tablet, we collect your mobile device identifier and IP address. We may create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number. We may collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, telephone number, country and any other information you choose to provide, such as user name, character name, geolocation or email address. We may also access your contacts to enable you to invite friends to join you in any online conversation or interaction on our website.
If you purchase products or services from Sun Tan City, we will collect the billing and financial information necessary to process your charges, which may include your postal and email addresses. We may also receive the billing and payment information that you provide if your purchase is processed by another party. Our Website Terms and Conditions describe our policies and terms relating to our charges and payment practices. Purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to additional policies.
We retain records and copies of correspondence that you send us and that we send you, including email addresses. When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email. We also may track emails you may be receiving from our affiliates. We may use a third-party provider to send you certain emails for marketing purposes. We keep a record of communications you have elected to receive or not to receive.
We receive and store the information you provide, including your mobile telephone number, when you opt in to have text messages sent directly to your mobile device. You can adjust the types of notifications you receive and when you receive them by editing your text message settings. If you no longer wish to receive text messages from us, please log in to your account and change your settings or click on the “opt out” link contained in a text message received by you.
When you access our social media pages or our website through a social media service, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or LinkedIn, you allow us to access and import certain information from your profile for that service which may affect the privacy settings you establish on the service. You can find out more about the settings on the social media service. We may access and store some or all of the following information depending on your settings and the features of the social media service:
• your first and last name and login email;
• your profile picture or its URL;
• user ID numbers for you or your friends who interact with you on the service, which are linked to publicly available information such as name and profile photo;
• your activity on our pages, such as posts, likes, check-ins, direct messages to us, shared content and comments;
• your physical location and that of your access device;
• your gender; and
• your birthday.
By accessing our social media pages or entering our website through a social media service, you are authorizing Us to collect, store and use any information that the social media service provides to us through its interface with Sun Tan City. You also agree to this when you “accept or “allow” (or similar term) our website or apps on the social media service.
We and/or our vendors will use this information to complete the financial or other transaction that you have requested, that is, to deliver the information, products or other services that you request or purchase and to collect funds or invoice you.
We may receive information about you (for example, a missing street number) from other sources and add it to your personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Website Usage Information.
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the website, such as your traffic data, location data, pages visited, IP address, operating system, and metadata for items made available through the website, such as the date, time or location that a scanned photograph or video was taken or posted. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information we obtain from you directly on the website, or from third parties. This data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the website, what type of content is most popular, and what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising.
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. These small bits of code automatically identify your browser to the website whenever your computer is used to visit the website. Cookies also let us know how many people visit the website and where visitors go on the website, as well as non-personally identifiable information, like how many times a user has been on certain pages. For registered users, cookies can make using the website easier for you by saving information such as your passwords or preferences.
We may use local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, to store your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Third parties that provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use flash cookies to collect and store information. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and how to manage settings for flash cookies, please visit adobe.com. Disabling cookies may affect features or functionality of the website.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology.
The website may use a variety of technologies for tracking purposes, including web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We may use these tracking technologies to analyze the traffic patterns on the website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the website. These technologies may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party. We also may use these technologies in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technologies may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to digital services that a visitor does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not uniform. For this reason, we and many other digital service operators may not respond to DNT signals.
We may use Google Analytics or similar services that use technologies such as those described above to analyze use of the website and provide statistics and information about trends. You can visit Google’s website to learn more about Google’s privacy practices.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the website or at our salons. As applicable, the information you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, may be used by us and/or our service providers to:
• present the website and its contents to you;
• create your account and allow you to make reservations or purchase products or services;
• identify and suggest connections with other users of the website;
• enable user to user communications;
• contact you about the website, technical support, your account or other inquiries;
• provide you with services or information you have requested or products or services you have ordered;
• provide you information about locations of our salons based on your location;
• prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities and monitor and enforce our Website Terms and Conditions;
• inform you of a prize you may have won;
• notify you of website updates;
• monitor or improve the use of the website or solicit input and feedback;
• locate you online, such as when you visit or log into websites or mobile applications;
• link to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you and to other demographics or interest-based data in order to target you with relevant advertising, including our products or services;
• deliver, customize and target the advertising and content you see;
• send you promotional material or special offers on behalf of ourselves, our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
• carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• allow you to participate in interactive features on the website;
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• for any other purpose with your consent.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
As described below, your personal information may be shared with others for various purposes:
• Friends and Other Users of the Website. Certain features of our website, such as blogs, discussion boards, chat rooms and commenting features, support and encourage interaction among users. Access to a user ID number may allow others to view public information associated with that number.
• Agents. We engage other businesses and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, sending emails, website analytics, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These businesses or individuals may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions.
• Interest-Based Advertising and IP Targeting. We may work with data providers to provide advertising to you through display media or other methods. These providers may use personal information that we have collected or that you have provided to locate you online, such as when you visit or log into websites or mobile applications. This information may be linked to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you, and to demographic or interest-based data, in order to target you with relevant advertising, including about our products or services. To learn more about this and other interest-based advertising, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://networkadvertising.org.
• Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
• Franchisees and Affiliates. We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our franchisees, subsidiaries and affiliates.
• Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services. We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve advertisements on the website and use a traffic measurement service to analyze traffic on the website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or services in which you might have an interest. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from the website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Such advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their cookies on your computer if you choose to have cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies may allow third parties to show you advertisements or content. Any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out these activities. Other companies’ uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
• Business Transfers. In the event that our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personally identifiable information that has been collected and saved, to the extent allowed to be transferred by law, may be one of the business assets we transfer. Your personally identifiable information may also be reviewed in connection with negotiations for a possible sale of assets by us. You will be notified if such a transfer occurs in accordance with the “Changes to the Policy” section.
• Protection and Safety. We may disclose your information to third parties without notice to you if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sun Tan City, our customers or others, or when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health or safety of any person.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We believe that we have in place reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect, and that we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as we deem appropriate or necessary.
WE TAKE SECURITY PRECAUTIONS IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SECURITY MEASURES RELATING TO OUR WEBSITE, APP, FACILITIES OR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you products or services, please contact us by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link of our website. We will destroy any biometric identifier that we have which relates to you within a reasonable time, but no later than the later of: (i) one year after the last time that you access the account to which the biometric identifier is linked; or (ii) one year from the time that the biometric identifier is required to be maintained by law (as it relates to a linked document or otherwise). We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Our general policy as to information retention is to maintain other information on our system for three years from the last activity on the account related to the personal information and to delete or destroy the information five years from the date of the last activity on the related account.
The website and any mobile application may make chatrooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users from time to time. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas, but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. In addition, when you post a comment to a mobile application, the user name with which you registered for the website and your current location may be made publicly available on the website and through the mobile application.
By using the commenting features of the website or mobile application, you acknowledge that your user name and location information may be disclosed. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chatroom, forum or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from any forum on our website, please contact us by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link of our website. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information from these venues, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
POLICIES CONCERNING CHILDREN
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 should not use our website at any time. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from our records.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us:
• If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes or receive promotional offers from us, you can opt out by adjusting your user preferences or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you do not want us to use your information to deliver targeted advertising, you can opt out by adjusting your browser settings.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information, but these third parties may provide you with ways to opt out of having your information collected or used.
CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the website, we will provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. You may accomplish this by modifying your personal account information on this website, or request that we do so by clicking on the “Contact Us” link of our website, or by mailing us at: Sun Tan City, LLC, Attn: Privacy Officer, 445 E. Market Street, Suite 310, Louisville, KY 40202.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link of our website, or by mail to: Sun Tan City, LLC, Attn: Privacy Officer, 445 E. Market Street, Suite 310, Louisville, KY 40202.
Sun Tan City, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
445 E. Market Street, Suite 310
Louisville, KY 40202