To maximize the effectiveness of your sessions, we’ve collected the best spray tanning tips to make sure your skin is best prepared to accept color, keep you safe during your session, and protect and enhance your color after spray tanning.
PREP LIKE A PRO:
- Do not shave 24 hours prior to visit.
- Shower and exfoliate to remove excess dead skin cells so the product adheres evenly.
- Spend a little extra time exfoliating areas with thick skin, such as knees, elbows and ankles.
- Remove makeup.
- Avoid wearing perfume or deodorant as these can lead to blotching and flaking.
DURING YOUR SESSION:
- Wear undergarments to protect sensitive areas.
- Use protective eyewear.
- Keep your mouth closed and use lip balm to protect your lips.
- Avoid inhaling the product through your nose, and use plugs to keep your nose closed.
- Apply Barrier Cream to areas that don’t normally tan easily.
AFTERWARD, FOR THE MOST RADIANT RESULTS:
- Wear dark, loose clothing and avoid underwire bras.
- Wear open shoes, like flip-flops.
- Don’t exercise till after your first shower.
- Wait 4-6 hours before you shower, and then apply shower gel only with your hands, not a loofah, towel or sponge.
- Use Tan Extenders available at Sun Tan City.