Thinking about doing a sunless tan before your next big event or vacation? Prepping your skin properly beforehand and timing your sunless tanning session before an event are key to achieving a picture-perfect glow. Check out our expert recommendations before making your trip to Sun Tan City:
The Night Before Your Sunless Session
- Shave prior to your visit, and exfoliate your entire body to remove dehydrated skin cells.
- Avoid using exfoliating products that are abrasive, and avoid those that are sugar- or oil-based as these may hinder your sunless results.
- Sun Tan City recommends using California Tan’s sunless-enhancing exfoliator. It will gently remove buildup head to toe while conditioning the skin to accelerate your tan development and give you better results.
Timing Your Sunless Session
- Your sunless tan may last up to 7 days when done correctly and using the recommended products.
- We recommend spraying the day before your event to allow for development time. This will ensure your color will be at its peak the day of your event.
- If you’re in a time crunch, we offer a Tinted setting in the sunless booth that will allow you to see both immediate and delayed results. It will develop to the same color of the delayed setting, and you should still wait 4-6 hours to shower for best color.
- During your first shower you will notice this immediate bronzer washing off, but the DHA that creates your long-lasting tan will remain.
When to Shower
- You should wait at least 4-6 hours before showering to allow your sunless tan to fully develop.
- When you do shower, we encourage you to use a sulfate-free body wash that is made to protect your sunless tan. Over-the-counter products will cause your tan to fade faster than it should.
- With your sulfate-free body wash, use your hand to gently wash your skin the first few days. Not using a washcloth or loofah will prolong your color and allow the tan to fade more evenly.
- Once your tan has begun to naturally exfoliate, you can begin to incorporate your loofah or washcloth.
Make It a Double-Dip!
- If you are planning to make your sunless session a Double-Dip by doing a UV tan first, we suggest using a silicone- and bronzer-free lotion that will not interfere with your sunless tan.
- For products like this, check with your Tanning Consultant before your Double-Dip.
For other questions about tanning before your event, stop by your favorite Sun Tan City salon. One of our trained professionals will be happy to help you plan the perfect glow!
P.S. S. Be bright, please tan responsibly!